Policies and Warranty
Limited Warranty Policy
Joseph Industries (JI) warrent to the original purchaser of remanufactured products to be free from defects in material and
workmanship for a period of (12) months (unlimited hours), with the exception of fluid leaks which are covered for a period of 90 days,
from the date of delivery. If service records provide the date of installation, then that will be the effective start date for the warranty.
Component parts and new assembiles are warranted for 90 days. Joseph Industries will make the final determinantion as to the
root-cause of any failure with the promise to conduct all potential warranties in an impartial and just manner.
Warranty Limitations and Exculusions
New and remanufactured product warranty requirements:
- The unit must be installed by an authorized dealer or certified technician;
- Filter(s) are to be replaced prior to installation;
- Cooler lines, radiator, and filter lines flushed prior to installation;
- A new or remanufactured torque converter must be used, as applicable;
- Maintained to OEM service manual guidelines;
- Documented service records must be provided for all warranty claims made after 30 days;
- Disassembly of the product without prior authorication by the JI Warranty Administrator will automatically void the warranty.
The warranty does not cover failures as a result of, but not limited to, the following:
- Improper application
- Improper installation
- Lack of normal maintenance
- Abuse or misus
- Improper Cooling/ Overheating
- Electrical overload
- Improper wiring
The warranty limitation to the following, as applicable:
- Transmission labor costs are covered up to $750; labor rates will be limited to $50 per hour for a maxinmum of 15 total hours.
- Axle labor costs are covered up to $400; labor rates will be limited to $50 per hour for a maxinmum of 8 total hours.
- All labor costs that are approved will be issued as a credit toward future purchases.
- The warranty is limted to the replacment of the defective parts.
- Total warranty costs cannot exceed the original price of the product on the invoice.
- Service fees, rental fees, towing, specialized equipment, diagnostic time and travel are not covered.
When determined by JI, a repair or replacement of the product will be authorized and therefore JI will not be held liable
for any additional costs or damages. Warranty replacements will be charged to the customer, including applicable core charges,
until the warrantable product has been returned, inspected, and deemed valid by JI. If valid, credit for the replacements will
be issued. If invalid, the customer is solely responsible for the replacement invoice. Therefore, the warranty return will be applied
as the core charge on the replacement invoice and subject to the core return policy.
This warranty is expressed in lieu of all other obligations or liabilities on its part and Joseph Industrues, Inc. neither assumes nor
authorizes any other person to assume for it any liability in connectoin with the sales of its products.
When a suspected warranty problem occurs, contact JI at 888-465-6737 as soon as possible and ask for the Warranty Administrator
who will give you futher instructions as to how to proceed. DO NOT repair or disassemble the product without prior authorization
by the JI Warranty Administrtor or you will void the warranty. You will be asked to provide the following details of the problem including:
- Product Part Number
- Description of the problem or failure
- Product Serial Number (as applicable)
- Installation date
- Verification of purchase
- Verification of internal labor rate
If you are asked to return the part to JI for analysis, you will be issued a Warranty Return Authorization Number. It is the
customers responsibility to clearly mark the product or shipping container with said number. Failure to do so will delay processing
and may result in denial of your claim.
The potential problem may be resloved without having to return or remove the product. if the JI Warranty Administrator determines this
is possible, we will provide the part(s) and authorize the labor to replace/repair the failed product according to our labor reimbursement
policy. However, JI, must authorize any type of repair, before work is done.
If the failed product must be returned to JI for inspection, you will be informed of our findins within 30 working days of its receipt. If
the problem is found to be a failure in material or workmanship, you will be issued credit according to our Limited Warranty Policy. If the
JI Warranty Administrator determines that the failure was not warrantable and caused due to other reasons, you will be contacted with the
inspection results and final disposition.
Top of Page
Products purchased from Joseph Industries may be returned within 90 days from date of purchase and are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Special order products purchased through Joseph Industries are non-returnable. Contact a Joseph Industries Sales Representative
(800) 321-9983 to obtain a return authorization number before returning any products.
Top of Page
Joseph Industries (JI) charges a core deposit for all remanufactured purchased product. The core deposit must be paid with
the orginal invoice. This deposit will be refunded when a same configuration core, in remanufacturable condition, is returned
to JI within the core entitlement period as outlined below.
Core Deposit Credits
50% of the core deposit is guaranteed with eligibility for full credit when the criteria below are met:
- Be of the same configuration to the product purchased.
- Be returned to JI within the core entitlement period of 90 calendar days.
- Not have been disassembled
- Not have missin or damaged critical components ("no-hassle" cores are omitted).
- Not have been abused.
If all the above criteria are met, full credit will be issued against the original invoice.
If the core has missing or damaged critical components, the credit issued will be based on the extent of the damaged or missing components.
If a core is returned after the core entitlement period it will be subject to JI acceptance, if accepted, the core may be purchased at market value.
If credit for the full core deposit value is not issued, the customer will be contacted with an explanation for the deductions.
Core deposit values are subject to change without notice.
The following procedures should be followed when returning cores:
Engine and Transmission Cores
These cores cannot be returned to Joseph without a Return Authorization (RA) Number. The
RA Number must be clearly marked on the shipping container or attached to the core.
In some cases, a Return Authorization Number is listed on the packing list
the reman product was originally shipped to you. If one is not, call your Joseph Customer Service
- All cores must be drained of oil.
- All cores must be shipped freight pre-paid.
Torque Converter Cores
To ensure the fastest and most accurate processing of your torque converter
cores we suggest:
- Obtaining a Return Authorization Number
- Include your original Joseph packing list or invoice
- Mark your paperwork as "Core Credit"
The core must be in a suitable container or on a suitable skid for
Note: All cores being returned for Remanufacture & Return (R&R), return to
stock, or for warranty consideration MUST have an RA number assigned and prominently displayed on the
outside of the shipping container or delays will occur.
Joseph Industries, from time to time, will purchase engine, transmission and
torque converter cores. Contact your Joseph Customer Service Representative
who will put you in contact with our core purchasing department. You will then be informed as to our
interest and the current market price for your excess cores. Instructions will be given at that time as
to the procedure to be followed to complete the transaction.
Top of Page